Marriage abroad

Getting married out of Canada?

If you are planning a wedding abroad you should make sure that you obtain all the necessary documents before you move ahead with you wedding plans. In most situations you will require a Statement in Lieu of a Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad from Canadian authorities. You will need a Statutory Declaration of your Marital Status and notarized copies of official documents and identification such as your Birth Certificate, Driver’s Licence and/or Passport. If you are divorced, you will require notarized copies of your Marriage Certificate, Divorce Order, and Divorce Certificate.

Moreover, every country has their own specific requirements about authentication of these documents. Some countries may require that these documents be authenticated and legalized in Canada.

You can find us at these Locations

Mississauga (Meadowvale)

Mississauga (Square One)





Office Hours

Monday 9 am - 6 pm

Tuesday 9 am – 6 pm

Wednesday 9 am – 6 pm

Thursday 9 am – 6 pm

Friday 9 am – 6 pm

Saturday 1 pm – 5 pm

Request a Call Back

Receive a quick callback from us.

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Call Now